Below is my ballot for this week’s SEC Power Poll. Each week, 28 bloggers from around the SEC rate each team from 1 to 12 with results released Wednesday. Make sure to check back Wednesday afternoon for the results.
Last week’s rank in ( )
1. Alabama (1)
- We’ve been saying it for a while…. the AP finally agrees
2. Florida (2)
- I would rank the SEC Refs #2, but it wasn’t an option
3. LSU (4)
- Coming off a bye week
4. South Carolina (3)
- It’s hard to believe that a Spurrier coached team in the bottom half of the NCAA in total offense.
5. Arkansas (5)
- Along with Kentucky, the best 3 loss team in the country. Sorry Oklahoma.
6. Kentucky (9)
- See #5.
7. Auburn (6)
- Looking a little closer to what we thought we would see in year 1 under Chizik.
8. Georgia (8)
- Had a let down vs Tennessee last week after that tough loss to LSU. Their bye week comes just in time to give them 2 weeks to prepare for Florida.
9. Tennessee (7)
- A mystery that should be much clearer after they play Bama and South Carolina over the next two weeks.
10. Ole Miss (10)
- Looks really good when playing really bad teams.
11. Mississippi State (11)
12. Vanderbilt (12)