UPDATE: Check out the photo gallery for the new Arkansas Razorback Football Center.
Almost a year ago we told you Razorback Facility Upgrades were coming. It looks like that time has finally arrived. Today, Jeff Long announced the new plan for upgrading the Football facilities.
WHAT WE KNOW: Twitter Style
- He started the press conference by letting us know that the Football facilities were the #1 priority. –Chris Bahn
- New football center will be south of Reynolds Razorback Stadium, where the practice fields are. It will be approximately 80,000 sq. feet. –jicartersports
- Proposed new football operations center will be south of Razorback Stadium, where the practice fields are currently located. –NWARobbie
- New practice fields will be located south of the Walker Pavilion. But the fields will be elevated to retain the parking areas there. –NWARobbie
- Jeff Long on cost: “We’re so preliminary on plans, we don’t have cost estimates at this time.” –Chris Bahn
- Long on funding: “This facility would be completed with private funds.” –jicartersports
- A lead gift for the project: $10 million challenge grant from the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation –ArkansasRazorbacks
- The Lot 67 parking is preserved by elevated practice fields and new parking added near old practice area. –Bill Smith
- This proposed project will move the football program out of the Broyles Center. –NWARobbie
- Long: “With the movement of the football program (from the Broyles Center), it gives us an opportunity to expand Razorback Stadium.” –jicartersports
- Long says at some point in the future Barnhill Arena might be “brought down” if the cost to operate the facility continues to go up. –Chris Bahn